This role encompasses all responsibilities to enable important insights from metabolomics, microbiome, and clinical data in collaboration with other chemists, biologists, clinicians, and data scientists within and outside of the company. The employee will conduct specialized experiments and keep abreast of current standard operating procedures related to Sapient’s methods, techniques, and developments while working independently, and may supervise up to three Research Associates/Scientists.
What awaits you
- Perform work as an individual contributor (IC) that may supervise and train junior Research Scientists.
- Monitor progress of research projects and coordinate information between departments.
- Independently perform a wide range of specialized laboratory experiments, using a variety of mass spectrometers, research instruments, and techniques.
- Assist Leadership in overseeing and optimizing lab operations.
- Demonstrate leadership skills and drive culture in the wet lab department.
- Independently perform method development and troubleshooting to complete client projects on time.
- Perform laboratory work efficiently and demonstrate a culture of quality.
- Assist other lab personnel with the use of specialized equipment and techniques.
- Audit junior Research Scientists’ electronic lab notebooks to ensure accuracy.
- From time to time, as directed by the department head, perform compound identification.
- From time to time, as directed by the department head, perform R&D experiments in an independent nature.
- Take on other duties as assigned.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, or a related Life Science field and 5+ years of related work experience, or, a Master’s degree/PhD in a related field.
- +1 year of supervisory or mentorship experience.
- Excellent knowledge of laboratory software packages and experience with databases required.
- Must possess a high level of initiative and the ability to work with little supervision.
Position Location – San Diego, California (Sorrento Valley)
Position Type – Full-time, On Site
Compensation Range – $68K-$102K
Submit your resume and let us know why you think you would be a good fit for this role.
"*" indicates required fields